March Recipe Roundup - - >
Wow, has it been a couple of crazy weeks! We're throwing something new on the blog this week- a recipe roundup! We know many of you are at home, so hopefully you're able to try these out for yourself. One thing is for sure, you won't be disappointed in either recipe!
We are fortunate to raise our own beef but if you're unable to locate ground beef or chicken at your grocery store, make a stop by your local meat locker! Support small as much as you possibly can during this time, some won't be making it out of the turmoil that has ensued over the last few weeks.
First up- Melty Monterey Jack Burgers. These are delicious, you have to give them a whirl!
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 t Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 C Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 t sugar
- Salt + Pepper
- Olive oil
- Hamburger buns
- Drizzle oil in a pan and heat on medium heat. Toss in sliced onion, stirring occasionally until brown and softened. Add balsamic vinegar and sugar. Continue cooking until it is caramelized. Season with a hint of salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo and minced garlic. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. This creates your Garlic Mayo- yum!
- Shape beef into equal servings, cook over medium-high heat. Cook completely- 160 degrees is well done for beef! When patties are completely cooked top with Monterey Jack cheese and allow the cheese to melt before removing them from heat.
- Serve- Spread ketchup and garlic mayo on top bun, onion jam on bottom bun, add your hamburger patty and enjoy!
We paired these with potato wedges- slice potatoes, spread on a cooking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and top with fry seasoning. Cook at 425 for 25-30 minutes. Simple and EASY!!
Second up- Crusted Parmesan Chicken, this is a wake up to the normal "boring" chicken recipes. You're going to love it!
- 1/2 C bread crumbs
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 T sour cream
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, a large drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Brush tops of chicken breasts with sour cream and press mixture into sour cream until it is adhered.
- Place chicken breasts, crust side up, on a cooking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Divide and enjoy!
We paired green beans with this recipe. The easiest way to prepare is to buy a steamer bag of green beans in the freezer section. If you'd rather use fresh green beans, just drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoned salts, and toss them on the same cooking sheet as the chicken until they're cooked, approximately 15-20 minutes.
Try one of the recipes we rounded up for you?! Drop a comment and let us know which and how you liked it.